Our Eye Care Clinic
The Arvada Vision and Eye Clinic
We offer an integrated approach to eyecare, incorporating the expertise of our Optometrists, Ophthalmologist, and certified Opticians. Together, we prescribe and provide the best in glasses, contact lenses, medication, or surgery. We tailor our treatment recommendations to each patient’s individual lifestyle and visual requirements.
Our Brief History
Arvada Vision started in 1967 when Dr. Gordon Bashford merged his practice with the practice of Dr. Larry Garfield at our current location. From it’s inception, Arvada Vision has strived to be a leader in primary eyecare services in our area. Dr. Bashford and Garfield invested in new technologies often, and prided themselves on being state of the art. Our practice was a leader in contact lens fitting before contact lenses were main stream. As our clinic has grown, we have added additional doctors and Drs. Garfield and Bashford have retired, but we are true to their vision and founding principles. We are passionate about primary eyecare, we invest in new technology and we are skilled in fitting all types of contact lenses.
Technology at our Clinic
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): Scanning laser that provides HD images of the macula and optic nerve for detection and monitoring of glaucoma, macular degeneration, and other diseases inside the eye.
- Digital Retinal Photography: Allows us to capture digital images of the inside of the eye to diagnose and monitor the inside of the eye.
- Corneal Topography: Maps the topography of the front surface of the eye. Essential to fitting contact lenses on irregular or challenging cases.
- Threshold Visual Field: Identifies subtle peripheral vision defects common in neurological disorders and glaucoma.
- YAG Laser: Used to remove cloudy lens capsule
- Visioffice: Digital measuring system to allow for customized glasses fitting.
Great Vision, Advice, Technology and Fit
By staying current with the latest developments in eye care, prescription lenses and advances in contact lens technology, our vision center can provide you with the best vision, advice and fit today—and in the years to come. We take pride in building lasting relationships with our patients, which is why we take the time to get to know you, your vision requirements and your lifestyle needs. Contact our eye care clinic today to find out how we can help.
- Community Outreach & Charity Initiatives
We believe strongly in giving back to the community. Read more about our outreach programs.
- Associations & Awards
We are proud of our Doctors' achievements. Read more about their associations and awards.
At Arvada Vision & Eye Clinic, each member of our vision care team is selected by Dr. Stephen Bashford based upon his or her experience, professional demeanor, and dedication to providing personalized care to our optometry patients.
Our entire Arvada optometry staff is committed to ensuring the comfort and satisfaction of each and every patient. We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule by finding appointment times that meet your needs. Our knowledgeable staff at Arvada Vision & Eye Clinic will work with you to help you understand your vision insurance coverage and provide financial alternatives to ensure you get the best vision care possible.
We know that you have a choice when it comes to Arvada optometry, so we strive to provide comprehensive eye exams, a great selection of glasses, and personalized care.